Tuesday 25 September 2012

Chocolate Sponge with Raspberry Preserve

Chocolate Sponge cake with Raspberry preserve

This cake doesn't need an occassion to be enjoyed. It tastes just as delicious anytime , anywhere. I made it for my family one evening and they seemed to like it quite much.
I wanted to share this recipe with you all cos it's really easy to make and doesn't need much decoration skills, esp. when it comes to an amateur like me.

Ingredients:

For the sponge:
175 g / 6 oz. unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for greasing.
150 g / 5 1/2 oz. plain flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp baking powder
175 g / 6 oz. caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 tbsp milk

For the filling:
Raspberry preserve, as much as required.

Topping (optional):
 lightly whipped cream or a dusting of cocoa powder will be just as beautiful.

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Grease and line two 20 cm or 8 inch     sandwich tins.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder and beat in the sugar and eggs, mixing until smooth. stir in the milk.
3. Spread the mixture into the tins. Bake in the pre heated oven for 25- 30 minutes, until risen and firm.
4. Cool in the tins for 2 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
5. Sandwich the cakes together with the rasperry preserve.
6. Decorate the cake with some lightly beaten whipped cream or a dusting of cocoa powder. 

Here's how mine turned out.....


  
Oh! You can also add a few chocolate sprinkles and some preserved raspberries and a sprig of mint. I used preserved instead of fresh raspberries because where I come from,   we don't get fresh ones here.

love, Tse.

36 comments:

  1. WOW SOOO YUMMY! You're a wonderful baker Tsering!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi girls!

    Just saw your post on Book Blogs, and decided to follow you.
    Hope you can stop by my blog and eventually enter my giveaway!

    Andreia @ tyrony.com

    PS. Yummy, yummy photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Andreia..!following u bac!..kip in touch..kisses!

      Delete
  3. OMG... I need this cake right now!!

    happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowww.. that looks delicious..ur so talented!

    Maybe you have time to read my new post is up: Famous people, infamous past

    ~Boomerang Plus

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummy

    http://www.alwand.co.uk/index.php/my-style/2220-what-i-wore-mix-a-match-print

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that looks delicious!!! great blog!
    Following now, would love if you followed back:)

    http://myfashionfoodstyle.blogspot.co.il/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mimi, Tsering and Chingri!! Thank you very much for contact to me on Facebook! I'm watching your blog in this moment and I love it! Congratulations! I love chocolate, haha. I think this recipe is great!
    Lots of love and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry about my english... it´s terrible

      Delete
    2. Thanks Ro..real sweet of you! english very gud!..: )!..hugs!

      Delete
  8. Thanks Amy..sure would love to follow you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this looks yummi!!! your blog is nice! Maybe we follow each other!? Let me know :) Greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMIGOD! That cake looks delicious. I will definitely have to try making this one (;
    Also, I'm so excited about following you and I hope you'll visit my blog and follow as well. I'm hosting a giveaway too for a gold and burgundy leather bracelet (: Hope you can enter and WIN!

    xx Amber
    http://amberleetea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So yummy yummy.^^
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi I'm just over from Book Blogs. Your blog is lovely I've just followed with GFC - follow back? http://marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/
    The chocolate cake looks good enough to eat!!
    Barbara
    Hope to see you over at my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barbara..thanks a lot 4 dropping in..follwed u bac! your blog is so nice too!

      Delete
  14. Thanks,for the follow.^^
    Follow you back on gfc and bloglovin #3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow delicious!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde EspaƱa, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marcela..love to follow bac! thx for visitin!

      Delete
  16. Thank you for your visit!!!
    I follow you with GFC and Bloglovin now!
    Have a good week! and my G+ for you...
    Besos, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww! Thanks Marcela..u too have a great week..keep in touch!
      xoxo

      Delete
  17. wow..this look really yummy:)..love it..follow back on bloglovin:)# 4..have a good day and stay in touch:)

    EDGYMIX Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this looks really yummy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I would love to follow you. :) Thanks for the follow!

    Keep in touch!

    xo - Sheila

    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ur welcome Sheila!..thanks to u too for the follow!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Reading !Hope you enjoyed our posts...We love to Read your wonderful comments! "Follow for Follow"..do leave a comment if you followed : )