Saturday 2 February 2013

Ban-"galore"!!!

Dear beauties,
Bangalore is getting better and better. I moved here a couple of months back, only to find myself being terribly home sick but slowly the place started to unveil its good side and now I realise, this isn't really a bad place to live in after all!
Its been 3 months since my move here, and I've had quite a good time going to different places and trying out the local food. There's so much u can do here! But one thing I hate the most about this place are the auto-rickshaw drivers. They are complete a**ho***!!!!
Coming back to the good things, I recently went to a ballet show,called Urban Ballet.
Its not ur traditional ballet with girls in tutus and guys in tights. This show had a different take to ballet as the name suggests.


The choreography was very similar to contemporary danceform, which if I'm not mistaken has descended from ballet itself.
The show was a good watch. The group had come all the way from France. I,as a nouvelle spectator, considered my time as well spent.



Anyway,what girl wouldn't enjoy watching guys with perfect washboard abs dance in front of them. ;)

The following week, I attended a music show performed by Christopher Chassol.

He's a French musician who came to India on the occassion of an Indo-French fest called Bonjour India. His music included a blend of Indian classical music with contemporary western instrumentals.
It was a nice way to end our evening.

On the contrary, my weekend was spent with a beautiful gastronomic exploration.
I went out to a restaurant called Barbecue Nation,well known for its barbecued food. I went out with my sister and 2 of my recently turned frens, Vishnu and Rex who are a married couple and an absolute delight to hang out with. Here's me, ready for the night:


Me and my fren Vishnu being vegetarians tried out all the yummy barbecued veggies and to down all that, we opted for a couple of martinis and a mojito. Sorry for the half full glasses, I was so into drinking, I almost forgot to take a picture of it ;)




There was a live coal fire placed at the center of the table and the service came in and brought skewered veggies and sea food and meat all slathered with a spicy barbecue marinade and we could grill it ourselves depending on how we like it. I like mine charred to perfection.


This is a menu of what was being served that night :





Here are some pictures of the food being barbecued on the grill. Sorry I couldnt take many, as like anyone could guess, Iwas busy eating :D







Also, I apologise for the poor picture quality as I'm not very good with the camera and to add to that, the place had very low lighting.
There were also an assortment of sauces and chutneys to accompany our food of which my favorite was the green coriander and mint chutney.

The night came to an end with an average dessert but I wouldn't have asked for much cos it wasn't a dessert bar after all. There were some indian sweets, some pastries, ice cream etc and fresh fruits.


That was a fun night. A night worth remembering cos I had a great time meeting two incredible people.
Vishnu and I have very similar tastes, we love baking, watching cook shows, we can have never ending conversations about food and at times like these, when I make new frens, my mind always drifts back to the times I spent with my two dear bffs, Chingri (Chings,etc.) and Mimi (Mimzy's closet). I miss you girls so much and hope for the time to come soon when all three of us could spent more quality time together.....

Till then, all the beauties out there, have a great week ahead, eat heartily make new frens and stay beautiful! muah!!!



10 comments:

  1. Great photos and post!!!
    Have a good week! and my g+ for you...

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. and like in bloglovin for you too!!!:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful post! the photos are lovely :)

    http://sarassweetstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummy~ that food looks good. ahaha your first picture in this blog post kinda shocked me for a sec. i'm going to a ballet this saturday too! but its not anything like the one you went to. hahaha, mines for sleeping beauty =P

    xoxo Sarah
    www.xliciousgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u sarah! ya it was a grt show. hope u enjoy urs. wish i cud watch it. do post about it. till then!
    xoxo tse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything look so delicious!Happy Tuesday dear!
    Come back soon to visit me on Cosa Mi Metto???
    Win $80 gift card on Chicwish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks yummy! :D It's nice you're having fun there :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! It's great :)
    Maybe, you follow my blog ? ♥ tell me and y follow you back :)

    kisses

    http://lapetitprinces.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I like your blog very much. I'd like to invite you to my blog connected with fight against eating disorders, cause i think we shouldn't be silent about that. Of course you can find here also mode, make-up, opinions, advices, photos, daily stories, healthy recipes etc. You can trust me you will find something you will like.If you'll like it really much, you can become my new follower. Hope to visit me soon. Have a very nice time. xoxxx Andie
    www.couragetoenter.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heу! Thіѕ is my fiгst comment here so I just wanted
    to give a quісk shout out and tell you I
    genuinely enjoy reaԁing your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/wеbsitеs/forums that go over
    the same topics? Thank you!

    Review my ωebsite planetside 2
    my web page - planetside 2 cheats

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for Reading !Hope you enjoyed our posts...We love to Read your wonderful comments! "Follow for Follow"..do leave a comment if you followed : )