Wednesday 27 February 2013

Mumbai - Everybody's welcome here :)



(View of the Arabian Sea.)
"I know you got your own town
I know you got your own ways

I know you got your own life

I'm just sayin' C'mon down to my place
I know there is no place like home

But I know you gonna like it in my city
Everybody's welcome here

Everybody welcome to my city

We got no worries here

I know you gonna like it in my city

You ain't gonna wanna leave"
( Lyrics taken from the song  ' In my city' sung by Priyanka Chopra, one of the leading contemporary actress of Hindi cinema and was crowned 'MISS WORLD' in the year 2000)

I chose this song as it is perfect for my post today since I am sharing the pictures taken while I  visited Mumbai recently.  The city is being defined and described in many ways say for e.g a city that never sleeps , a land filled with opportunities for every individual, the birth of Indian Cinema and a city with diverse lifestyle with a variety of food, entertainment, night life , you name it and you will find in abundance comparing any other world capitals.

I am very attached to this city as it is the place where I first learnt to strive in my own like many other individual.  As a thank you note to her :) and a place which will remain  forever very close to my heart , here are some few pictures which I would like to share with you all.  

I am not a good photographer, however  I  wanted to share the normal daily lifestyle and activities that happens in and around the city.  I hope you like it and I recommend each and every one of you to visit when you can :)


Priyadarshini Park, Nespian Sea Road, Malabar Hills ( Located very close by to where I stayed)

Enjoying the view of the sea with Blog mate Dipika Syngai

COLABA STREET : A must visit place for people like us who loves to shop on the streets.  It is best to explore by foot and you will find anything in abundance from antique , jewellery  bags, shoes, sunglasses, fruits, etc. (P.S - you should have a talent to bargain :D)



Jewelry shops just outside the cafe.

Bargained for quite some time and bought myself some amazing statement necklace from this shop :D

Vast collection of antiques (telescope, Sun dial, clocks, lamps, trumpets etc)

Tourist enjoying the street :)

Like I mentioned earlier , they sell everything possible here :)

Fruits and the extreme left are flip flops  :)

Gateway of India and the famous Taj Mahal Hotel :






They have this chariot ride facility made available from 7 P.M  onwards to go round about the hotel and towards the beach.  I did not enjoy the ride at all  as he was carrying 6 of us and personally feel that this should be stopped.

IN AND AROUND ZHAVERI MARKET - Its the biggest jewellery market in the city and is dotted with hundreds of jewellery shop and fabric shops too :)







RANDOM :  


 Huge trolley use to carry tons of  goods.

 Hawkers selling veggies :)

 An old woman outside her balcony  :)

 Hawkers selling fruits when the Traffic signals is 'RED' :D

 Couple enjoying their ride in a Scooty :)

 Chowpathy Beach ( the most famous beach in Mumbai  and also one of the most common hang out place)


It reminds me so much of the movie 'Vicky Christina Barcelona' :D

P.S - The places shown here are taken in south part of Mumbai only.  






11 comments:

  1. Great post ! Im from mumbai my self ! :D Enjoyed seeing all the pictures. This is such a great post :D
    xoxo <3

    www.littlemisssinner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks shanaya and I'm glad you liked it :-) It's a beautiful city and you r one lucky girl to enjoy the city everyday <3

      Delete
  2. woow! looks like such a great place! will defo go there one day! *_* ps.nicee photos!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you should . You will never regret it :-)

      Delete
  3. Love the pics, and yeah Mumbai was fun :D
    Lets do it again someday ^_^

    Pink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow look at the market! The fabrics!!!! I really wish I could be there!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there were hundreds of fabric shop and i had so much of fun, do visit the city, you will love it

      Delete

Thank You for Reading !Hope you enjoyed our posts...We love to Read your wonderful comments! "Follow for Follow"..do leave a comment if you followed : )